The TOSPSB group was created to provide communication with residents, businesses and local authorities, to share resources, and to discuss important South Philadelphia issues. We focus our attention on our home of South Philadelphia, but all are welcomed to join.
Code Of Conduct
- No profanity. If it can’t be said on local television or public radio, it won’t be permitted in this group. Comments with profanity are automatically filtered by Facebook and will be deleted without notice.
- No racial, religious, or sexually inappropriate comments.
- No soliciting for any type of business. Exception: Announcements that will benefit the community such as fundraisers, educational workshops, festivals and family-friendly activities are always welcome. Sponsors of TOSPSB are also exempt from this rule.
- No buying and/or selling of items.
- Be respectful. Don’t post anything you would not say to a person’s face, or would not want to be read out loud in a court room. This is an open group and what you post online is discoverable, which can and often will be used against you. Consider your impact on others when making your contribution. No libelous or abusive comments.
- Keep your comment relevant and productive. We know that some conversations can be wide-ranging, but comments that are unrelated to the topic being discussed may be deleted.
- Discussion and/or solicitation that are political or religious in nature are not permitted.
- No bashing of EMS, Fire, Military, Police, or TOSPSB personnel.
Members violating the rules may be banned from the group.
Political correctness is preferred but is not required. We all have the right to free speech and the right to be offended by what is spoken. However no one has the right to intimidate, harass, or threaten another member.
We want this to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion. The Facebook and Twitter accounts are not monitored 24/7 due to administrators having full time jobs, families, and social lives. As a result we ask that members help the group by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations appropriate. If you spot something problematic on the Facebook page or Twitter feed, please report it. When we all take responsibility for maintaining an appropriate and constructive environment, everyone benefits.
If you have any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to do what we can to improve all of our South Philly neighborhoods, however this can't be done without input from our fellow neighbors. If there is an issue you would like help with but you don't want to go public with your personal information, please send us a message. If you have information that you think would be helpful to your fellow neighbors please post that information on our Facebook page or send us a Tweet. Your voice alone may not be heard over the roar of a crowd, but when your voice is joined with the voices of your neighbors ... your voice becomes the crowd.
Web Message: Enter message below.